- Less than a week after signing him, the Cleveland Browns have released Kelcy Quarles from their practice squad, in order to make room for linebacker Cam Johnson. It was fun to see Quarles on the same team as Connor Shaw, but nothing is a given on the practice squad.
- On the flipside, Damiere Byrd has just been re-signed to the Carolina Panthers practice squad, where he'd already been signed and cut from previously. Basically, anytime you see a former Gamecock get signed or cut, expect another one to have the opposite happen within 48 hours.
- Despite his lack of appearances in the first two games, the New York Giants have updated their article about Jasper Brinkley, titled "Five things you need to know about Jasper Brinkley." It's a nice two-second read to refresh you on Brinkley. Here's a fun fact: Brinkley originally attended Georgia Military College for two years, before attending USC and starting 30 games.
- Captain Munnerlyn was one of a few players quoted for an article in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune about players gambling on the game, using the Tampa Bay Buccaneers unlikely defeat over the New Orleans Saints as an example as to why he doesn't gamble. “See, that’s what I’m saying," Munnerlyn said, when told about the 10.5 point spread that favored the Saints. “And Tampa Bay went in and beat them. In New Orleans. I really don’t know guys who bet on the NFL. But I’d tell them it’s tricky because you never know which team is going to show up.”
- Chris Culliver is hosting a contest for pet lovers to show off pics of them and their animals on Instagram for a chance to win two tickets to a Redskins home game, pregame field passes and an autographed jersey from Culliver himself. If you'd like to participate, make sure you're following @CullyInTheHouse on Instagram, and use the hashtag #CullyCares when posting your pic. This is a very nice thing of Culliver, a noted animal rights activist, to undertake, especially given the fact that he doesn't have the best reputation off-the-field. For more details on the contest, check out the press release here.
* = Practice Squad
+ = Injured