By Rixon Lane
Want to prove to your friends and family that you have more South Carolina football knowledge than anyone else? Here's your chance.
Every Saturday, we will be putting out a 10-question quiz on Gamecock football history, records, stats and players. Compete with your friends for bragging rights, and see how much you know about the South Carolina football program.
Here is the first quiz of the season. And remember…no cheating.
1. Who was the first Gamecock quarterback to catch a touchdown pass in a bowl game?
2. Which former Gamecock is credited with inventing the "Lambeau Leap?"
3. What Gamecock bowl record did Connor Shaw set in the 2014 Capital One Bowl?
4. Which Gamecock attended the same high school as Ladi Ajiboye and Carlos Thomas?
5. Name the last season in which South Carolina played three teams ranked in the top five.
6. What year did South Carolina first have two players named as First-Team All-Americans?
7. Who was the last Gamecock to play in the Senior Bowl?
8. Which Gamecock caught the most touchdown passes from Dylan Thompson last season?
9. What was the first bowl game in which the Gamecocks scored first?
10. Who scored the longest touchdown for the Gamecocks in 2013?
1) Stephen Garcia (2010 Chick-Fil-A Bowl, TD pass from Ace Sanders)
2) Robert Brooks
3) Most Touchdowns Accounted For (Five)
4) Chaz Elder (Banneker High School, GA)
5) 2009 (#4 Ole Miss, #2 Alabama, #1 Florida)
6) 1984 (James Seawright, Del Wilkes)
7) D.J. Swearinger (2012)
8) Kane Whitehurst (Caught two of Thompson's four TD passes)
9) 1979 Hall of Fame Bowl
10) Damiere Byrd (76-yard TD pass reception against Tennessee)
Have a question you'd like to see in next week's quiz? Want to brag about getting all 10 questions right? Send your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org.